stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Friday, February 26, 2016

Friday Progress Report

I decided it was long enough to wish I was stitching a "big girl" sampler so I decided to spend at least one day a week on a sampler.  Rather than starting a new one, I decided to work on Lucy Redd by Homespun Elegance, one that I'd barely started previously.  At least for this week....who knows which one I'll work on next week.






LHN February Calendar Girl now has a head but her face needs work.  I used the wrong color for her cheeks so I frogged them out after this picture was taken.


We're on baby watch and I prepared for our trip to meet her by buying a replacement carry on suitcase.  (The telescoping handle of my old one keeps getting stuck.)  I lucked into a decent sale at Kohl's with a coupon for an extra 20% off, triple my "yes to you" points, and earned Kohl's cash.  It felt pretty good to time a promotion like that for when I needed to buy something.

I'll be using that bag for another trip this summer............to Hawaii.  I'll be playing nanny for my niece and nephew for a couple of weeks.  It will be nice spending some time with them, my sister and BIL, my brother and SIL, and being able to help out my sister with child care.  Besides.....it's Hawaii!!!!!!

I didn't cook/bake anything interesting this week but DH made some chipotle chicken chili (from a Ree Drummond recipe) for a chili cook-off at work.  While he didn't win, it must have been good because there's hardly any left. 

Happy stitching!

2 comments:

cucki said...

Sweet stitching
Happy weekend x

Von said...

Lovely stitching and congrats on pulling together all the store bonuses to get a really great deal on your new carryon! I get excited about that kind of thing too. :)