stitch

I only stitch on days that end in "y".







Friday, August 21, 2015

Prairie Schooler Stitching and a Little Relief from the Heat and Drought

I stitched 2 small PS pieces this week for exchanges.  The first is from the "September" leaflet and will be sent as a raw block for the recipient to finish as she desires:







Next up is from the "October" leaflet.  I'll have to finish this one as some kind of ornament.  Since I'm "finishing impaired", I'll procrastinate mull this over for a while before attempting it.





Nikki (Country Cottage Needleworks) released another model I stitched for her..."Give Thanks".  I would have never thought to use those colors for a Thanksgiving piece but I love it!   She also released another of her city pieces "Afternoon in London".  I love her designs!


For more info about it:  Country Cottage Needleworks


After a few weeks of intense heat and many weeks since our last rainfall (grass around here is getting dry, brittle, and crunchy) the skies opened up and the temperatures cooled down.  Our neighbor measured >5" of rain just yesterday.  (It's raining today too.)  We seem to either get no rain or tons at once.

The lake level had finally returned to an optimal level but after yesterday's rainfall it rose again another 18".  (Drainage from the neighborhood contributed to the water level.)  My poor husband spent a lot of time out in the heat last week powerwashing our bulkhead and dock and now it's covered with water again and will have to be redone after the water level recedes.

At least it's a little cooler than it has been lately.  Hopefully it lasts for a while.

Last week:





Today:



I've been craving banana pudding recently so finally gave in and made some from scratch.  It was very good...and pretty easy to make.  We ate it so fast that I didn't take a picture.  I'll probably try making chocolate pudding today.

It will be a quiet weekend so I'm hoping to get a lot done on the model I'm stitching.

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Lovely stitching! Banana pudding sounds divine, that's something I've never made.